Tuesday, December 20, 2005

College Bowl Predictions

I don't talk about college football much. The reason: my uncanny ability to predict college football games (I won just about every bet I placed on NCAA football during my college days) is equaled only by my contempt for the college game. Any postseason that allows teams like West Virginia and Florida State to make it to the so-called "major bowls" while teams like Alabama, Auburn and UCLA are left out is a joke. Any postseason game that features the exciting South Florida vs. NC State matchup shows that the bowl system is a complete farce. Plus, I hate the people associated with NCAA football. Any one who claims to be a big time booster, or recruiter or "insider" is one of the lowest forms of humanity. These scum are allowed to hang around the college game and pollute it. But, despite my disdain for the college game, I still follow it somewhat closely. I watch enough to know it is time for Ralph Friedgen to get canned at Maryland. Seriously Fat Man, Rutgers makes a bowl game and you can't? Get your large ass to the unemployment line.

However, like most sports fans, I am eagerly anticipating the USC-Texas gem in the Rose Bowl. I will devote a preview post to that contest alone as the game gets closer. Until then, these are the rest of my picks for the bowl games. I did you a favor and got rid of the annoying corporate names for most of these games (another reason to not watch the majority of the bowls). My winners are in bold. I guarantee I get at least...wait, how many games are there...27 not including the Rose Bowl? That means 54 teams get in? Jesus. That's almost as many teams that are now in the ACC. Anyway, I guarantee I get at least 19 of 27 correct (Yes, I'm now predicting about my own predictions). Feel free to wager accordingly. I will spare you from analysis...mainly because I can't name more than five players from half of these schools. And if you can, you need help.

New Orleans Bowl, 12/20: Southern Miss vs. Arkansas State
GMAC Bowl, 12/21: UTEP vs. Toledo
Las Vegas Bowl, 12/22: BYU vs. California
Poinsettia Bowl, 12/22: Colorado State vs. Navy
Forth Worth Bowl, 12/23: Kansas vs. Houston
Hawaii Bowl, 12/24: Nevada vs. Central Florida
Motor City Bowl, 12/26: Memphis vs. Akron
Champs Sports Bowl, 12/27: Clemson vs. Colorado
Insight Bowl, 12/27: Arizona State vs. Rutgers
MPC Computers Bowl, 12/28: Boise State vs. Boston College
Alamo Bowl, 12/28: Michigan vs. Nebraska
Emerald Bowl, 12/29: Georgia Tech vs. Utah
Holiday Bowl, 12/30: Oregon vs. Oklahoma
Music City Bowl, 12/30: Minnesota vs. Virginia
Sun Bowl, 12/30: Northwestern vs. UCLA
Independence Bowl, 12/30: South Carolina vs. Missouri
Peach Bowl, 12/30: Miami(Fla.) vs. LSU
Car Care Bowl, 12/31: South Florida vs. NC State
Liberty Bowl, 12/31: Tulsa vs. Fresno State
Houston Bowl, 12/31: TCU vs. Iowa State
Cotton Bowl, 1/2: Texas Tech vs. Alabama
Outback Bowl, 1/2: Iowa vs. Florida
Gator Bowl, 1/2: Louisville vs. Virginia Tech
Capital One Bowl, 1/2: Wisconsin vs. Auburn
Fiesta Bowl, 1/2: Notre Dame vs. Ohio State
Sugar Bowl, 1/2: West Virginia vs. Georgia
Orange Bowl, 1/3: Penn State vs. Florida State

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home