Saturday, February 18, 2006

Maryland Basketball: No Shirt, No Shoes, No Effort



Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (10-13, 3-9 ACC) at
Maryland Terrapins (15-9, 5-6 ACC)
Comcast Center – College Park, MD

Hey, I figure if the Terps can sleepwalk through a game and look like a middle school junior varsity team, then I can get away with a lackluster post or two. Like I said before the Clemson game, Maryland needs to win four more this season. They’ve got five regular season games and one in the ACC Tournament to get to those four wins. This will probably be the last time I pick them. Honestly, if the Terps can’t beat Tech, the worst team in the ACC, than they might as well start making reservations for Madison Square Garden...if they haven't already.

Maryland 77
Georgia Tech 66

Elsewhere in the ACC…

My 4-1 midweek makes me 38-20 overall.

Saturday
NC State at Virginia Tech

I’m so used to seeing Herb blow easy games like this. I guess I’m a glutton for punishment. Thank you sir, may I have another.
Pick: NC State 71, Virginia Tech 65

Virginia at Florida State
Can Florida State really be .500 in the conference this late in the season? I don’t believe it. And I don’t believe it will continue.
Pick: Virginia 76, Florida State 71

Sunday
North Carolina at Wake Forest

Despite losing more players to gradua…er, early entry, the Heels have actually done more with less than their Tobacco Road neighbors. If Dave Leito didn’t have ACC Coach of the Year wrapped up, then it could have gone to Roy Williams.
Pick: North Carolina 83, Wake Forest 75

Miami at Duke
The two big problems for Miami are the lack of a consistent inside scorer and the complete inability to get back on defense and guard the perimeter. Unfortunately for the Canes, for a unit with their deficiencies, they’re sure facing the wrong team on Sunday.
Pick: Duke 87, Miami 70

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home