Sunday, February 04, 2007

Don't Rain On My Parade...Or Peyton's



By nature, I’m really a modest person. No really, I am. Stop laughing. But I think it’s time to give some dap to someone who has been overlooked during the whole Super Bowl process…namely, myself.

It’s worth noting again that I believe I was the only one in the entire country, outside of the great state of Indiana, that had the Colts winning the Super Bowl in August, and stuck with that pick all the way until tonight. Good job by me. Sure some picked the Colts in August. Sure some picked the Colts the last few weeks. But the bandwagon was pretty empty in December. On top of this, I correctly predicted that Peyton Manning would outplay Rex Grossman, win the Super Bowl and win the MVP. I told you the entire key to the game would be the play of Chicago’s defense ends. If Alex Brown and Adewale Ogunleye played well, Chicago would probably win. If not, then it wouldn’t matter if the Bears blitzed or stayed home, Manning would pick them apart. Brown made one or two big tackles and I don’t believe I heard Ogunleye’s name mentioned all game. And Chicago, not surprisingly, lost. In fact, my prediction of the score (Colts 27, Bears 17) was within two measly points of being exactly right. I couldn’t have called this Super Bowl or NFL season any better unless I traveled with Michael J. Fox into the future and came back just to make the picks.

By the way, the final overall record was a solid 167-84 (66%) including the 9-2 performance in the playoffs. And my swag was phenomenal against the spread as well. If you had listened to me throughout the season, which I know you didn’t, you would have made a heap of money. On top of all that, this is the tenth straight Super Bowl I have correctly predicted. Seriously, this is getting ridiculous. A decade of correct picks!

But enough about me. Congrats are in order to the Indianapolis Colts who made me look so damn good. I couldn’t have done it without them. Furthermore, congratulations to Peyton Manning. Everyone in Boston and ESPN can take the Super Bowl ring he just won and stick it up their collective asses. All of you take a moment to do it. Even after Manning almost single-handedly beat New England in the AFC Championship game, the Patriots fans and their ring-leader, The Sports Dork, remained so blind and filled with loathing that they refused to finally acknowledge how special a quarterback he is. All during the week, in ESPN’s polls, the only states other than Illinois to pick against the Colts were located in New England. And I have to only assume, because I don’t read his columns, that the Sports Dork found an extremely stupid and uneducated reason to pick against the Colts as well. Plus, I bet we'll hear something from these clowns in the next few days hearing about how the Colts are a fluke and this and that. Bitter much? Up yours Boston. Honestly, how dumb do you have to be to pick a team QUARTERBACKED BY REX GROSSMAN IN THE SUPER BOWL. Enough said. And Baltimore, I hear you all chirping up there that part of this Super Bowl is yours because the Colts are still sort of yours too. It isn’t. Sorry. You had nothing to do with it. You get nothing. How did it feel watching an Irsay hold up the Lombardi Trophy? I’m sure it felt great…losers.


RUNNING THROUGH THE RAIN: Dominic Rhodes and the Colts' ground game helped Peyton Manning find the promised land of NFL quarterbacks.

Seriously folks, you are watching history. You are watching one of the four or five greatest quarterbacks in NFL history. Think about that. Until you realize that, you won't be able to enjoy it. And this ring validates it. Without a doubt, we can finally say with 100% certainty, that Peyton Manning is the greatest quarterback currently playing in the NFL at this time. He now has to join the discussion with Joe Montana, Dan Marino, John Elway and Johnny Unitas.

Well, that’s almost it for me on the NFL for this season. I still have to write a couple of more posts on how to fix the Redskins to close out the year. Look for those. Other than that, keep coming for those college basketball posts, and I’ll try to do even better next year for my NFL predictions. I already predict that I will!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home