Monday, January 14, 2008

NFL Playoffs: Maybe Tony And I Will Share A Plane

I was 2-2 last week, but 3-1 against the spread. We bid farewell to Pablo Romo and his mariachi singers and take great comfort in the fact that Mr. Romo can now spend as much time south of the border as he desires. Adios, loser! In case you are keeping score at home, that is 0-2 in the playoffs for the not-so-young Romo, and he contributed greatly to both of those losses. I would say this comes as a surprise, but I’ve been telling you the Cowboys were massively overrated since November. So between Romo and his big ol’ ears in a complete state of shock, to Wade Phillips looking like he usually does after a loss (confused and stupid…wait, he looks like that all the time), Jerry Jones trying to decide which plastic surgeon to visit next and Terrell Owens crying and being completely self-centered (as always), it was a very enjoyable Sunday. The Boys should realize how lucky they were to face the Giants, because had it been the Redskins, they would have lost by a lot more than four points.

I will not be in town this week, so as I leave for Southern California (and maybe a quick stop in Mexico to see how Romo the Homo is holding up), I’ll give you some quick picks for the championship games. Records look something like this:
Overall: 161-86
Vs. Spread: 135-104-8

San Diego Chargers (13-5) vs. New England Patriots (17-0)(-14)
3:00 p.m. Gillette Stadium

I’m still stunned that the Chargers were able to catch the Colts napping. That to me was the greatest upset of the entire NFL season to date. How do the Colts lose to a Chargers team that doesn’t have LaDainian Tomlinson and Antonio Gates at 100%? The Colts defense must have taken the day off. The Colts loss is the Patriots gain, as they pretty much have a clear path to the Super Bowl. The Pats already crushed this Chargers team once, and they’ll likely do it again.
Pick: Patriots 34, Chargers 17

New York Giants (12-6) vs. Green Bay Packers (14-3)(-7)
6:30 p.m. Lambeau Field

The worst part about the Giants beating the Cowboys is that the Giants actually beat the Cowboys and are still playing football. This is very irritating to the predictor. Lost in all my dislike of Dallas, I forgot how much I disliked New York. On the other hand, rooting for Brett Favre is not my idea of fun either. Fortunately for me, I’ll be on a plane during this game, and won’t have to watch one second of it.
Pick: Packers 26, Giants 24

Be back next week to talk about Maryland hoops and their upcoming blowout loss to North Carolina.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home